Civil Rights Defenders is a human rights organisation that defends people’s civil and political rights on four continents. The organisation has worked with different human rights projects in the Western Balkans since 1995. The Civil Rights Defenders’ overall goal is to improve people’s access to freedom and justice through greater respect for their civil and political rights.
Civil Rights Defenders is currently seeking to contract national researchers in Albania, in Bosnia and Herzegovina and in Kosovo (one researcher per country).
The purpose of the assignment is to carry out a research that will assess and evaluate the effectiveness, thus the application of the international standards of national human rights institutions in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo.
The research is to be carried out by an established research methodology. Working in collaboration with Civil Rights Defenders, and the regional experts who have developed the methodology, the national researchers will evaluate the existence of conditions which are necessary for national human rights institutions to fulfill their mission, as well as to evaluate their effectiveness.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
▪ Shows strong analytical skills;
▪ Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
▪ Demonstrates excellent organizational skills and proven ability to deliver consultancy
products within deadlines;
▪ Ability to synthesize research and draw conclusions on the related subject;
▪ Writes clearly and convincingly, and is able to adapt the style and content to different
▪ Experience of working with supervisors and implementation of reviews.
▪ Proficiency in filling out and analysing spreadsheet data.
Education: A master’s degree in Law and or Political Sciences, or related discipline is
required. A PhD is a strong asset.
▪ At least 5 years of research experience particularly including policy analysis and
research related to human rights and independent institutions, such as
ombudspersons and independent bodies for anti-discrimination, data protection and
right to information. It should also include experience in conducting research
assessments based on indicators.
▪ Excellent understanding of national and international legal/policy frameworks as well
as institutions, mechanism and processes relevant for the work of National Human
▪ Languages: Excellent language proficiency in both written and oral English.
1. Offeror’s letter of interest elaborating the qualifications, experience and
competences not exceeding 500 words.
2. Most updated CV with focus on required qualification supported by copies/links to
previous research works, preferably as a sole author;
3. A Financial Proposal expressed in the form of a lumpsum all-inclusive gross cost, in
Qualified candidates should send their application at the following address:
email@example.com, by June 10 2020 the latest.
For more information, please visit the following link.