The Regional Balkan Investigative Regional Reporting Network – BIRN Hub has opened application for an Albanian speaking experienced editor for the Balkan Insight. He/She must be fluent in English, and has excellent writing and editing skills. The applicant must also have a solid understanding of the current affairs and the media scene in the Central and South-East Europe. The selected candidate will be engaged for a probation period of three months.
To be eligible for this position, applicant must have:
- seven years of editorial experience;
- familiarity with digital content production;
- ability to meet tight deadlines;
- speed and efficiency;
- ability to write compelling headlines and leads;
- excellent attention to detail and the ability to rigorously enforce style expectations;
- a solid understanding of media laws;
- a profound understanding of the Central and South-East Europe, particularly Albanian speaking area;
- understanding of analytics and digital readership to help curate the site;
- native proficiency in the Albanian language;
- fluency in English.
Applicants must submit a detailed CV, a letter of motivation (no more than 1 page), examples of their work, proof for all stated skills and list of three professional references by e-mail to: email@example.com, no later than June 13th 2020. Only the shortlisted candidates will be informed on the results of vacancy and invited to the interview.
For more information, please visit the official website.